November 26, 2013

My 1st Book

My book, it took me about 6 months to type up and almost 9 months to get published. I was really worried about the publishing. I paid for it all by myself and that was a big accomplishment for me. I got what I could afford at the time and when I can get more money I can upgrade my package to what I want, I am glad I went with this self-publishing company. I have been blogging for a long time now here on BlogSpot and MySpace too. This book took my anger and rage to places that I haven’t been before. I knew when I went into this I needed to change the names however I kept the places to make it more personal. I had to watch my P’s and Q’s too. I came to almost 50,000 words and here comes a writer’s block because this was still going on and I did not know how to end it. I knew that I did not need any type of lawsuits of any kind. I have talked to 2 professionals and they told me to keep my feet firm on the ground because of the ones that really keep up with my sites. So I sat down with one of them and they told me to own the ending make it fictional, so a lawsuit couldn't be brought against me. I sat there like WTF am I going to talk about. I thought at that point just scrap the book and say fuck it be done with it. He told me to stop that nonsense come up with an ending. He had a piece of paper in his hand and he asked me, what is one thing you don’t believe in? I told him and he wrote it down he ask me again what is another thing you don’t believe in? I looked at him crazy this time and I told him. He wrote that down too. Then he gave me the piece of paper and told me I have my ending and get to work on it. I was in shock; I told him I can’t do this. He looked at me straight in the eyes told me (yes) you can Tina. You got this. So I ponder on that note for 2 weeks. Of all the places to get that piece of paper out and look at it. The ending came to me. I was in a good place too. That was when I worked psych a lot. Yes, I wrote my ending in between my 15 minute rounds. I know right, I have been drove crazy and I complete my ending in a psych ward as I worked. Til this day, I shake my head with amazement. I had people all around me telling me that I own this book and I need to own the ending too. I am very proud of this book and very proud of the manuscript review team with the company I am going with. They absolutely liked it. That boost my confidence up where it needed to be. I can’t wait for this book to get online. I have always liked to write and I am glad that was able to do this and I overcame my problems with these people. I don’t think I will ever forget what had happen to me but I will forgive and go on because that will help me out. My 2nd book that one is about to kill me right now with depression but I have to hurdle through it like a champ just like I had to do with my first book. My first book I dealt with anger and rage now depression with my second book. I can’t imagine what my third and final book is going to bring me.  I am rolling with all types of emotions. I hope and pray that I get through it. 



You can Google this place and the county. There's already a book out about this county however I don't think there were many books sold at the time it was published to be honest.