April 1, 2013

No Support System for this Ole Girl!


Yep, I can say that all at once and mean it. The support system is slim to none here with my book. When I started this journey back in June of 2012 I knew it would be that way. I live in the South and this is where the quote, “Ignorance is Bliss.” Comes in, I knew it was going to be very difficult to do. Most people are the shhhhhh, let’s not talk about it or it’s in your head kind of people. I am like what the fuck ever, I am going to write this book and I don’t care what obstacles come my way. I am writing this book in a fictional form, if they have a problem with it they can kiss my ass. I know in my heart and how I feel this is the right thing to do. I have felt like this from the beginning. If it wasn't for a couple of my friends to talk me into writing this book, I would still be in the same old funky mood and putting up with the same ole bullshit. I am glad that I wrote this book and I am glad that I don’t have that support like I should. I know that doesn't make sense but it makes sense to me because it makes me value my writing more. Now I have some friends at work told me they would pay for my publishing fees because they want the book online and for people to read. They told me I have a story to tell and it will take me to places that I would never dream of going. The book says a lot. They also stated the Dr Phil show will be a plus for me more ways than one. However, I turned them down; they told me they are still there for me if I needed that extra boost. I am very thankful for friends like that, seriously. Those kinds of people are hard to come by. I want to do this on my own though. My first book was my stepping stone for writing. My second book is off the charts and I am glad I am doing it. This time I am writing it down and then typing it out. I am really fortunate to still have my laptop because there were about half dozen times I wanted to break my laptop into pieces because I got mad, going back in time will do that to a person. I got closure with my first book and now I am getting closure with my second book. I thought that would never happen. It’s about my father and my childhood. I know that I will never have a relationship with him again but I will have closure that counts and I hope he understands. I don’t know if he will read it or not but writing the  book is doing me good because I am seeing this in a 39 year old woman’s perspective. I needed that. I have 4 books lined out on my part of the self-healing writing. Then I will start a series of novellas of different people in this county but in a fictional kind of way though. Someone suggested that to me and I ponder my thoughts and it’s not a bad idea at all. I would love to do that in near future. I am taking this one day at a time and I will get my book online.